Get a complete picture of your GIS infrastructure.
Organizations make significant investments in their web mapping architectures, yet often have limited information on how their systems are being used and where challenges and issues exist. Geocortex Insight is centered around four key areas to give you a full view of your systems.
Status is about what is happening right now and is crucial to providing relevant and timely information about your GIS infrastructure.
- Symptoms of an application, such as a slow map or missing layer, are often rooted in the underlying system’s infrastructure. Status displays what problems are occurring and where to look to troubleshoot them.
- At a glance, you can see expiry dates for your ArcGIS Online credit subscriptions, as well as how many credits have been consumed and the breakdown of which services, groups, users and applications are consuming the most credits.
Trends examines changes over time. Increases and decreases in usage, performance and stability can inform purchasing decisions and validate overall GIS ROI.
- Examine web mapping application usage trends (increase/decrease).
- Gain the ability to see which application tools (workflow run, report created, measure polygon) are seeing the most use.
- Analyze where application traffic is coming from, as well as its impact on hardware (CPU, memory, etc.).
Dashboard focuses on user experience and brings all of your information into one place.
- The reporting interface allows you to customize a dashboard to contain only the most important reports.
- Multiple dashboards can be built for different purposes (daily reports, monthly summaries, production system statuses, etc.).
A server with a minimum of 4 cores, 6GB (preferred 8GB) of RAM and 60GB (preferred 100GB) of free hard disk space is required.
We recommend this server be a dedicated “HUB”; however, if necessary, Geocortex Insight can be installed on a shared server with ArcGIS or Geocortex Essentials. To accommodate this scenario, the server cannot have sustained CPU utilization above 20% (see Windows Task Manger to confirm) and has available (free) resources that exceed the minimums identified.
- The “HUB” server should ideally run Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2. This server should also have IIS installed and be configured for ASP.NET 4.5 (see “turn Windows features on or off” > “Internet information services” > “world wide web features” > “application development” > “ASP.NET 4.5”).
- If you’d like Geocortex Insight to monitor applications built with Geocortex technology: Geocortex Essentials 4.4 or newer, Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 2.5 or newer, and/or Geocortex Viewer for Silverlight 2.5 or newer is/are required.
- The installation of Geocortex Insight requires the most recent version of Chrome or Firefox, or Internet Explorer 11.
Ready for Geocortex Insight?
Installing and configuring Geocortex Insight requires assistance from our support team; the time to complete an installation may vary, as it is dependent on the size of your environment. If you meet the requirements above, let us know and we will be in touch to discuss your specific needs.